Saturday, September 4, 2010

Starbucks, Riverton, UT

Yesterday was a perfect Starbucks day (work was another story, so coffee was definitely needed)...

I received an email a couple of days from Starbucks (I'm letting my true colors show now- I am a HUGE fan of Starbucks and while I'm trying new places, it's made me miss the known comfort of my first true coffee love) letting me know that their Pumpkin Spice Latte & Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino drinks are back, along with a new flavor Toffee Mocha. So I decided that Friday I would finally take advantage of their Summer Treat Receipt Promo (buy any drink before 2pm, come back after 2pm to enjoy any grande size cold drink for $2).

I actually stopped by their 90th South and Redwood store in the morning, ran in and ordered a Grande Toffee Mocha Latte on my way to work. It was really good! A sweet signature drink flavor that seemed similar to their other latte flavors.

On the way home from work I went over to their Riverton store, as this has become my favorite among the locations closest to my Herriman home. I ordered a Grande Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino with whip cream and sat outside on their patio. I love this location because they have 5 leather couches among the other seating in their dining area and then an additional 6 tables outside on their patio, which gives me plenty of area to pick that perfect comfy spot.


CAFE REVIEW:



CLEANLINESS: Clean as far as I can tell. I was briefly in the dining/ordering area and then sat outside. The outside tables were clean. The bathroom was clean but needs a bit of an update.

SERVICE:
Great. The barista even commented that she liked how I kept my card and receipt in my book (which I did so that I wouldn't have to bring my purse in).

ATMOSPHERE: It was a lazy time for the Starbucks crew as the entire hour I was there only 2 cars passed the patio area to order through their drive-up, which goes right past their patio area. I think my only complaint would have to be that I kept getting whiffs of french fries from one of the nearby fast food chains, and the occasional whiff of chicken from the nearby Wingers which made me hungry. It is a little off the main road, so the traffic noise was minimal.

WOULD I RECOMMEND?
Yep, as I said this is one of the locations I really enjoy. It's bright with lots of windows and has a very open and welcoming feeling.


Starbucks
134th South & Bangerter, Riverton
3728 West 13400 South
Riverton, UT 84065

Reference:
www.Starbucks.com

Coffee. Espresso. Hot Chocolate. Pastries. Oatmeal. Breakfast Sandwiches. Tea. Smoothies.


BOOK REVIEW:
I am currently reading Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins the third book in the Hunger Games Trilogy. The series follows Katniss and Peeta as they try to survive Suzanne's version of future United States known as Panem. The country has been divided into thirteen districts and the capitol. The thirteenth district was destroyed after they tried to rebel against the capitol, leaving only twelve surviving districts and the creation of a yearly event called The Hunger Games. Once a year two tributes are chosen from each of the twelve districts (one boy and one girl) and they are placed in an arena and forced to kill one another until only one victor remains. The citizens of each district are required to watch the event on their television as a reminder and punishment of the rebellion about 75 years ago. I don't want to spoil anything so I wont say what is actually happening in the third book. I LOVED the first two books as Suzanne really keeps your attention with her unforeseen story twists and even left us with a cliff hanger after the second book. The third book however, I'm not really sure about and want to complete it before I decide weather I love it or dislike it. I will say however that so far it is nothing like what I could have predicted or imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment